Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cooling EP's?

I just swap them back into the case for a bit and use another. they clear quickly enough. I cannot be bothered with electrics in the field.

but i need power for my mount, so i might as well have some heat as well :grin:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing to consider is not to wear a balaclava - as in my profile photo - all that heat only has three little holes to escape - a certain quick way to dew up my EP's. :embarrassed:

You would be surprised by how much moisture evapourates off the body and as the eyes are mostly a wet jelly they give off water, warm water vapour, so no surprises you get misting when the temperatures are down.

But when it finally warms up it won't matter will it?!!! Roll on summer: surveying the heavens from the comfort of the back yard between cocktails! That's my grand vision for having such dirty weather the first quarter this year. I remain confident :grin:

But when it finally warms up it won't matter will it?!!! Roll on summer: surveying the heavens from the comfort of the back yard between cocktails! That's my grand vision for having such dirty weather the first quarter this year. I remain confident :grin:

LOVE the optimism.

You would be surprised by how much moisture evapourates off the body and as the eyes are mostly a wet jelly they give off water, warm water vapour, so no surprises you get misting when the temperatures are down.

I now only wear my balaclava to worry the neighbours :grin:

Summer observing means mosquitos. There is always something :)

Archived