Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Craig_R_Oliver

Otley meet?

Hi my name’s Craig. I’m really interested in meeting other people interested in astronomy. Unfortunately I don’t get out much with work and just wondered if I gave a date and time if any one would like to meet in Otley for a chat and a chance to make new friends.

Any one is welcome to come down.

So if you can give me your thoughts I’d be grateful?

Hello Craig,

I live not far away, in North Leeds.

I notice no one has replied to your post (I have only recently joined).

Did you go to the Leeds Astronomical Society's public observing night last week?

(another) Craig

Sadly no. with the way my hours work I don't get chance to go to events because when there on I'm normally at work till 9:30 at night. this is why I put this up. it's hard some times to balance my time because my son and girlfriend live in leeds and I live and work in otley. What part of north leeds do you live in?

Hi Craig,

I live in South Leeds and would be pleased to meet up.

I happen to know a very good obs site near Otley.  Sometimes I go on my own, sometimes with other forum members.

Drop me a pm if you wanted to get something scheduled.

Cheers Steve

I'm not too far from Otley - North Leeds. It's quite a cycle for me but I'd be up for a local-ish observing session :).