SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL8 - The Aftermath - Post pics here....

Psychobilly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Been very busy lately so apologies for posting these so long after the event. SGL8 seems ages ago now.

I'm afraid I didn't get the chance to shoot as much as in previous years. The one clear night (Wednesday) I just didn't have the jam to make a night of it being too knackered, and then Sod's Law, the weather turned bad for the rest of the week. Oh well, there's always next year...

The first pic is Keiran setting up for the night.

The second is Justyn (Reddoss), observing the Orion Nebula while manfully holding an uncomfortable pose, yet not spilling a single drop of Special Brew for the 30 second exposure.

The third is Kev (Photosbykev), planning World domination from behind his fancy bay window on a rainy night. It was meant to be a sneaky ninja shot only I left my head torch on, hence the look of surprise on Kev's face. I won't repeat what he said because I don't want to get banned. I'll make sure I leave the torch off next time. :evil:

And finally, Richard, son of Vince66, having his first view of the sun through a PST.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Jon

post-6008-0-37850300-1366819709_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-12806800-1366819744_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-58152700-1366819767_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-95696600-1366821700_thumb.jp

The second is Justyn (Reddoss), observing the Orion Nebula while manfully holding an uncomfortable pose, yet not spilling a single drop of Special Brew for the 30 second exposure.

Cheers,

Jon

It was Stella......what else at a star party!!!!

• 1 year later...

Much as I'd love to give you all some stick about the UK weather, NZ's South Island is experiencing the worst autumn weather it's had since 1978...

This is my first morning. Thurs 10.35am and it's beautiful but cold. A good excuse for a tasty brunch. :grin:

Captions for that breakfast photo.

One plate between three?

Or

It's a meal in itself, really...

Olly

Tell me about it. Living in France one is liable to find that breakfast consists of some sugary Viennese-inspired fluff and a coffee. You can't go out into the world and fight French beaurocracy on that! However, since I'm no longer a real cyclist I have to impose rules on myself with regard to calories so I only have a Full English when our guests have one. Fortunately this is quite often!!!!

Olly

Archived