SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello fellow stargazers!

Obi Wan

Hi to all fellow stargazers from central scotland. I have had my telescope for a year now and am beginning to get to grips with it (i think!) Now it's time to meet up and chat with others to share experiences and learn some more. Do the Central Scotland Astro club meet regularly?

Not there has been many opportunities for stargazing lately and it's snowing now!!

Obi Wan,

Welcome to SGL :)

Check out the Central Scotland Observers Group, (google CSOG) its a more local forum, we meet at various dark sites throughout the central belt, usually at short notice - weather dependent of course.

The meets are very informal, a mix of observers and imagers, lots of swapping views through different scopes and a bit of banter. You'd be more than welcome to any of these meets :)

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone. I live in West Fife and I am an absolute beginner at this but I'm really keen to get started. I have a telescope and camera. I am in a wheelchair so would find it difficult to get to night meetings. Is there a way I can get local advice from you all without waiting for someone to pass by one of my posts?

• 2 months later...

Great to see a Central Scotland group on here. I'm in Glasgow, so any local events in that area would be welcome for me. I'm having a look around just now and familiarising myself with SGL as I only joined today (well, technically yesterday!) I think I'll Google CSOG as Lorne suggested to see if any meetups are planned :) Cheers guys

Steven

• 5 months later...

Clydesdale Astro meets in Forth village near Carluke, South Lanarkshire, second Monday in the month except July and August.  We have a good public outreach programme too holding public observing sessions in East Kilbride in the autumn and at New Lanark Mills linking in with BBC Stargazing Live week. 

Website at www.clydesdaleastro.org.uk

We are a small but friendly band of observers and would like to grow!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi obi wan,

I was wondering the same myself, it would be good to get into a group of like minded folks and get out and about, at the momment the back yard and some safer locals are my extent, any info on this would be helpfull, happy gazing.

Jamie

• 1 year later...

Hi There,

Iwould have thought around the Carron Valley  res to the west but you would still probably get some gasgow glow to the south. And probably on the way to Ben Cleuch (apols if spelt incorrectly) to the north. But you are also not far away from the Trossachs NP. Must be a dark bit in there.

Archived