stargazine_ep43_banner.thumb.jpg.ea2a27954a074b4478d83359648ce4e2.jpg

handy pouch for EP at the scope

today i was out at go outdoors and came across these http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/scarpa-chalk-bag-p193119 i thought that instead of going back and forward from the EP case it might be handy to have to clip on to your pants to store and EP in so you have 2 EP's at the scope at one time, there lined with a soft wool which would keep them from dewing over as well. depending on what size EP your using you may be able to keep 2 in there unless its a Delos like mine :D HTH

Dan

Don't people who have Delos and Ethos eyepieces keep their eyepieces on a specially reinforced table that the butler wheels out when they go observing? :D

James

• Like 3

I don't worry about reaching over to my eyepiece case when I'm observing, but if I did I think I'd prefer the security of the pockets in my fleece jacket, rather than a clip on bag, funky though a climbing chalk bag undoubtedly is.

Each to their own though.

You are obviously better at keeping your pockets clean than I am. The other day I found a previously undiscovered herd of African Crumb-eating Pygmy Hippos living at the bottom of my coat pockets so the idea of a nice, clean fleece lined bag is quite appealing ;-)

• Like 4

Well.... I did order a couple of these and they are great. Whether clipped to a belt or the scope tripod they will be ideal. They are fleece lined, can be drawn closed at the top to cut down on dew and I can even fit a 41mm Panoptic although I suspect I would end up with my trousies round my ankles if I tried that for real :-)

Plenty of room for a couple of 1.25" eps and a pocket warmer to keep the dew at bay. I'm always leaving lens caps lying around so handy for that too.

Must just remember that my coat pockets are for biscuits or the whole cycle could start again :-)

Stu

today i was out at go outdoors and came across these http://www.gooutdoor...alk-bag-p193119 i thought that instead of going back and forward from the EP case it might be handy to have to clip on to your pants to store and EP in so you have 2 EP's at the scope at one time, there lined with a soft wool which would keep them from dewing over as well. depending on what size EP your using you may be able to keep 2 in there unless its a Delos like mine :D HTH

Dan

It does sacrifice style for comfort though....

This is a great idea. I used to climb and as they are designed for climbers chalk, they are designed to be easily accessible. The last thing you want when you're hanging off the side of an overhang is a bag that you can't reach. For this reason I think they would be perfect. Furry inside too which is a bonus. One tip though, don't buy second hand unless you want everything covered in a thick coat of powdered chalk! lol :Envy:

I use a very fetching kitchen pinny which has a couple of pockets and a teapot motif. Well, no-one can see me and it's very practical.

• Like 2

I use a very fetching kitchen pinny which has a couple of pockets and a teapot motif. Well, no-one can see me and it's very practical.

does it look like this :D

post-6284-0-51793300-1363864172_thumb.jp

Edited by Daniel-K
  • Like 2

Daniel, that apron is wrong on so many levels! :-)

Please don't suggest using them for biscuits otherwise my ep/crumb separation strategy will go horribly wrong!

On the subject of style, I did try to order two black/grey ones but they ignored me and I have one red and one blue/silver. I tried!!

They do have a nice firm edge to the opening which keeps them open, so very easy to pop thing in in the dark.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

First try of the handy pouches last night!!

Really very useful. I just clipped two to the tripod. One held my dew heater very neatly (usually it falls all over the place), the other I used for various eps. It held a couple of small ones at once, or anything up to a 31t5 quite securely. All very snug with its furry lining, and not a crumb in sight ;-)

Stu

• Like 1