Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

revelations 80mm

had a short day light go. this is no in between scope, the build quality is way way better than expected. the 90`mirror diagonal is as good as Ive seen, at any cost. i am glad Ive ordered my 250mm orion (UK) DOB, as this small 80mm  is going to blow my 200mm sky-watcher away.  first was a 40mm 4000 sp mead. roof tops were so clear not just in the middle but up to the very edge of the FOV. the FOV was about 5.5 deg. i live in North Kent, at 26mm 4000 sp meade, Essex pleasure beach was clear and bright!  night has just come and its cloudy :clouds2: more to come...... quick p.s the mirror supplied is not the same as the Antares version of this scope! theirs look cheeper, mine is this is a 2"

... the 90`mirror diagonal is as good as Ive seen, at any cost.

... the mirror supplied is not the same as the Antares version of this scope! theirs look cheeper, this is a 2"

Thanks for mentioning that Orion... 

I've been skirting around that 'fact' as I seem to have an 'anti-Antares' reputation following this:

http://tinyurl.com/dmxrv

To be fair, the Antares version of the Revelation 80 is cheaper; seems a shame though to spoil the ship... 

Steve

Archived