Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyQ Link + Windows 7 OS Connection Error Update- Still working on it

PaPa Doc

Greetings All;

I have been working with Celestron support for the last month or so, trying to identify the problem the SkyQ Link Wi-Fi dongle has with Windows 7 operating systems. I have sent in many mb of system information & even videos showing the process taken to connect with the dongle, and the many failures to connect. My most recent contact was 2 days ago, by phone. Having spoken with the same people during the entire process, I have been assured that the company is working very hard in trying to establish the issues. I have sent in videos showing the connection error that happens on 3 different computers, all with different wireless adapters, all using Win 7 OS, & Intel I-5 & I-7 processors.

During this process, Celestron sent me a new SkyQ Link, thinking it may have been broken, sadly, this did not fix anything. After advising Celestron support that the issue still stands, they have asked for more info, which I have given freely & gladly.

I would like to let everyone who is experiencing this issue to know they have not been forgotten. This process is taking some time to identify the issues, I get the feeling that Celestron doesn't know whats going on to cause these failures. I was told that the SkyQ Link works with Windows 8, but this doesn't help those who use Windows 7.

I will continue to follow this issue until such time that Celestron implements a fix, or refunds my money, after telling me they don't know how to fix the problem. I will let you all know the results as soon as I hear back from Celestron.

If anyone is operating a Windows 7 OS & has gotten a connection, can you please PM me & let me know how you did it, & what the connection settings are that they used to establish a connection. Perhaps if someone who is using Win 7 OS & has gotten a connection & the SkyQ link working, this may help narrowing down the issue some of us are having. This would also indicate the OS is not the issue, but settings may be the issue. If anyone else would like to offer their comments, it would be greatly appreciated. The more info I can provide Celestron, the better.

Clear Skies to all,

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hi, not sure if you are still interested but I found few workarounds (i had the same problem)

1 - the quickest: borrow XP PC/laptop, connect to the sky link in direct mode and set up the SkyQ as an access point (change the settings to your wireless SSID - make sure your SSID has no spaces and assign it new IP address ) - it works without any issues.

2 - in win7 add new network with these settings (case sensitive):

SSID: SkyQLink

(WEP) Passphrase/Key: SkyQPass

cheers

• 1 year later...

Thank you zahry for posting this  :grin:  I have tried so many things over the last few days and this finally got the skyq link soft to talkware on my windows 8.1 laptop to talk to the wifi on the Evolution  :smiley:   Now all I need to work out is how to upgrade the Nexremote software so that that will control the mount    :rolleyes:  It really shouldn't be this hard!!

Helen

• 1 month later...

Like Mark-V, I tried today to connect to SkyQ Link 2 from my Windows 8.1 laptop using direct connection, and it failed. The SkyQ Link 2 works fine with my Android phone and tablets. I didn't really follow zahry's post concerning direct and access point connections. Presumably you need to flip the switch on the device at some point, but I am still confused! Can you help, Helen, since you have apparently done just this?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived