SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ATIK Dawn software problems

Rocketron

Hi there,

I've just got round to using an ATIK 314L+ that I bought last year, took some test images last night so was not expecting much to start with.

I've also just downloaded Dawn off the Atik web site so it's the latest version,

Dawn runs OK but when I try to load the ATIK FITS file into Dawn I get an error message 'Error loading FITS File - image not recognised as an ATIK image'.

The camera is a few years old and I did load the capture software off the CD that came with the camera, is it possible that Dawn is not compatible with ATIK series 3 camera software?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

I have this problem too, I contacted ATIK and have been informed my Artemis capture is an old version (310 I think).

If you click on the Yellow question mark the version should be 365 if my memory is correct, will check when I get home.

I downloaded mine from ATIK's website as I bought the camera second hand.

Hi Andy,

I have just checked and my Artemis capture is version 3.07 so looks like that may be the problem.

I will download the latest version and try again when we get a clear night.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Ron

Here is the email -

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info. The fact that ArtemisCCD.dll is version 310 would almost certainly explain why Dawn won't load the images, though I'm a bit mystified because the installer which would have installed version 4.2.0.0 of Capture should also have installed the latest version of ArtemisCCD.dll, which is 362. Downloading and running the latest version of the core software installer from our downloads web page (http://www.atik-cameras.com/support/downloads) should, in theory, update ArtemisCCD.dll to version 362. Please could you try this and check the version info displayed in the "About..." window again to see if the ArtemisCCD.dll version has changed to 362? If it has then Dawn should load the images: if it hasn't then I'd suggest uninstalling the Artemis software and running the installer again.

Best regards,

Jonathan

On 13/03/2013 22:52, Andy Laing wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

It says : Version 4.2.0.0 Copyright 2011 Artemis CCD Using Artemis CCD.dll v310

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Downloaded latest version of Artemis CCD (version 4.2) and Dawn will now open files.

Just need to learn how to take some decent images now, I feel like I'm at the bottom of a steep learning curve :smiley: can't wait to get started.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated

All the best

Ron

Archived