Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Argentina

fedev80

Hello! My name is Federico and I live in a small german-style village in middle Argentina, called Villa General Belgrano.

I've been interested in astronomy for about a year, watching the stars eye-naked, admiring the inmensity, learning the names and constellations, reading... Now I want to get more involved in it and buy some equipement. I have and will try to keep a beguinner's mind.

So, thanks in advanced to the forum staff and all of you willing to give a hand :)

Cheers!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Federico and welcome to the forum. You might want to download some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which will help you with your understanding of the night sky (constellations, objects of interest, nebulae etc) and how to find them. It has a useful advance date/time feature too which will show what is coming up over the horizon and when which is great for helping you to plan your evening's viewing and Stellarium can be calibrated to show you an identical sky to that which you can see from your viewing site.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Federico and welcome to the forum. You might want to download some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which will help you with your understanding of the night sky (constellations, objects of interest, nebulae etc) and how to find them. It has a useful advance date/time feature too which will show what is coming up over the horizon and when which is great for helping you to plan your evening's viewing and Stellarium can be calibrated to show you an identical sky to that which you can see from your viewing site.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Great, I will download it then, thank you James!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Archived