SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello

Russty

Hello there My name is Russ or Russell when the wifes in a mood. I live mainly in Yorksire around 'Uddersfield but spend a lot of time in Cornwall. Ive been around for roughly 47 years. I am fairly new to astronomy I bought a Skywatcher MAK 127 on the AZ goto mount 'bout a year ago and have really enjoyed it. (Well actually bought it for my son whos now dedcided hes "fed up" of astronomy 'cos its too cold etc, but the good news is I got the bug). I really like the Mak but the problem I found was the Wibbly Wobbly mount. So just last month I bought a 200p on an EQ5. The MAK is now rock solid and dual axis controls I got for the mount are fantastic. The 200p hasn't had First light yet :embarassed: but it's all laser collimated and ready to go, so soon I hope.

I have only just signed up to this site but have used it on many occasions to get tips info and reviews and find the people here really knowledgeable and passionate

So that's a bit about me if there are any astronomers in the Huddersfield/Wakefield area and Roseland/ Carrick Roads area It would be nice to hear from you.

Cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Russ

A warm welcome to the SGL

you are going to love the 200p not sure if you have purchased any new eyepieces but you normally get a 10mm and 20mm with it

only use the 20mm for the first 10 goes with it until you get used to it

Clear skies

Archived