Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Northampton

Pig

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shaun - EMS are a tad further north of you - sorta Notts/Leics/Derbys area. However you might have some luck with the South Leicester astro group who meet somewhere near Husbands Bosworth. I'll get you their details and post here - think they're on facebook now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaun I went to the CMS observing site for the first time last night & I have to say the site itself is very good although very exposed so you will need to wrap up.

Hope to go back there again soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed it maybe we'll meet up at the next observing session, I was at Stanford Hall VW meet but I still took my scope along.

577445_10151464680418434_1412656585_n.jpg

My mate & her kids were impressed at seeing Jupiter & Saturn plus other folk enjoyed looking through it too.

It looks better than it is I'm afraid as there's a lot of light pollution over towards Rugby & Coventry & behind me was a load of trees so to get to see Saturn I had to move the scope into a more open space. I think they turn the lights off later on but I was in the land of nod by then as we had an early start the next day.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Only had my telescope a week now, sky max 127 EQ3 pro,

I was wondering where my nearest astrology group/ society was...? I live in broughton village, right near Kettering, does anyone know of a group in that area, as it would be nice to meet some new people who also enjoy the same interests.

Thanks

Paul

Hiya Paul,

I belong to a group called Eastmids stargazers, I can send you the link if you wish.

We meet as and when the skies are clear at our local dark site.

Send me a message via SGL and I will post you the link, you will need a yahoo e-mail address to join. (its free)

Shaun

Hi everyone,

I was wondering where my nearest astrology group/ society was...? I live in broughton village, right near Kettering, does anyone know of a group in that area, as it would be nice to meet some new people who also enjoy the same interests.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I also belong to the Central Midlands Stargazers group (think this was what Shaun meant), it is still free at present and is very much an observing group with the emphasis on observing together.

We meet out near Welford on private land (with permission), it is a nice dark site with concrete hardstanding.

Usually there are 4 or more scope in action and sometimes a couple more imaging.

I used to own a 127Mak, great little scope and will serve you well.

Last thing, Astronomy not Astrology, people will slate you for getting it wrong. :grin:

Need any help just give me a shout,

Andy

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Paul

Try these folks. They are very friendly.

http://naastronomy.com/

Dave

Hi again andy

I do have a few questions to ask you if you don't mind?

You said you owned a skymax 127.....

I seem to be having a few minor problems with my scope in regards to the main view finder.

When I'm aligning the 2 or 3 star set up I'm finding that when the scope is pointing nearly 90 degrees up into the sky, I'm finding myself laying on the grass to look through the view finder to get the star in the cross hairs, am I doing something wrong, or do you need to be made of elastic???? because to be hones,t it wasn't the most comfortable of positions to be looking through the view finder!!

Archived