Should I get a 32mm or a 26mm?

Can you please advice me on this most appreciated it is,

My predicament is this with the pieces that i currently have in low power a 40mm to a mid power of 15mm with nothing in between of use. I have a few in hi power but now want to add either: a 32mm or 26mm for viewing pleiades and cluster.

Is a 32mm best for this job? As i have a 130mm newt scope :help: make my mined up pleases thanks.

So to clarify would the 32 be better than the 26 for cluster? Or should I go for a 26 as I have a 40, I worry the 32 would be to similar to the 40mm?

Hope you understand,

Regards,

MrGaza.

The 32mm plossl should show the same amount of sky that the 40mm does although this does depend what the specification of the 40mm is.

So the 26mm might be a better option to fill the gap between 40mm and 15mm.

The 26mm should show all of the Pleiades cluster but how much margin there is does depend on the focal length of your scope. 130mm newts tend to come in either the short (F/5 650mm focal length) or long (F/6.9 900mm focal length) flavours.

The 32mm plossl should show the same amount of sky that the 40mm does although this does depend what the specification of the 40mm is.

So the 26mm might be a better option to fill the gap between 40mm and 15mm.

The 26mm should show all of the Pleiades cluster but how much margin there is does depend on the focal length of your scope. 130mm newts tend to come in either the short (F/5 650mm focal length) or long (F/6.9 900mm focal length) flavours.

The flavour of my scope is a F5/ 650mm for got to post that sorry :shocked:.

I like talking in flavour's as I'm a foodie. Wanted advice on this as with some eyepiece brands there is a bit of a price jump from the 26mm to the 32mm. Had to make sure what was best to go for. Incidentally what is the best brand to go for under £90.

Regards,

MrGaza

Archived