Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Frustrated of Northamts!

Which Star is that

Hi everyone,

Been vaguely interested in astronomy since my brother had a scope as a kid. Now I've got one of my own and have been waiting since Christmas to get out there, but have only been actually at home on 1 clear night since then! Frustrating hobby this!!

Someone once told me to spend more on the mount than the 'scope and my 10" ACF Meade on G11 Losmandy is the result. I keep dusting it off in hope, but yet again the fog today has frustrated me...

Rick

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i bought my first 'hatstand' last Oct and recently upgraded to a bigger 'hatstand' as I also needed to hang my jacket, it's doubled as a telescope a couple of times as well ( I keep forgetting this isnt a furniture forum :rolleyes: ).......Welcome to SGL.

Steve

Hi Rick welcome to SGL, very solid mount and scope, there is a dedicated Losmandy users forum, if you run into trouble when ever you get to use it, have patience, I have heard that a very cold spell is on its way, straight from the Arctic that could well mean clear skies, but then, no doubt, temperatures of - 15°+ to go with it :mad:

John.

Hi Rick and welcome to the forum. Yest the weather has been a little disappointing and if it helps you at all, I keep my duster in my pocket at all times! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and wishing you better weather soon.

James

Hi again everyone,

Wow, this is a very active forum - I'm impressed with the number of replies. Thanks.

Lets hope this cold spell is also a clear one so we can get a look at PANSTARRS!

I also have a question about the dimensions of the Startravel 120 OTA, but I'll post that in a different section. The UK weather is so bad I am thinking of getting something portable that I can take on my travels!

Rick

Archived