'The Fire Came By' - Book.

MAN or ASTROMAN

Whilst sorting out some old books,I came across the above named volume,which was written by John Baxter and Thomas Atkins,and published in 1976 (mine is the 1977 Futura paperback-75p new!). It's quite a pertinant read today,following the recent meteor,or should I say Meteorite,that fell over Russia.The book is all about the 1908 Tunguska explosion,and the search by Leonid Kulik to try and find out what had happened.The authors come up with the idea that it was an alien spacecraft(!) They partly derive this idea from eyewitness accounts of the 'object' changing direction as it came down (ulp!!).Written at the tail end of the 'Eric von Daniken' era,it's an entertaining read-though probably not very plausible! It's illustrated with some interesting photos of the devestation caused by the airblast.

Archived