SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heads-up: Trigger-grip ball-heads reduced on Amazon

Dammit! :embarrassed: Just bought one from Mikes yesterday - awaiting delivery. Ordered it because Jupiter in my new Pentax 10x50 looks a bit wobbly (must be an age thing ) - thought I would be better with a monopod

I was looking at the Camrock one but went for this Opteka http://www.amazon.co...62786864&sr=1-1 mainly because of the customers picture of the huge bins on it (and it's cheaper ...)

Well reviewed as well. I discovered I somehow had twenty quid's worth of Amazon vouchers on my account, goodness knows from where. So I've just ordered it for a fiver!

but went for this Opteka

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. I find those pistol grip ones really awkward to use with binoculars, especially for high elevations: either the grip fouls the tri/monopoly or it has to be out at the side.

Tab on Tapatalk

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. I find those pistol grip ones really awkward to use with binoculars, especially for high elevations: either the grip fouls the tri/monopoly or it has to be out at the side.

Tab on Tapatalk

Actually I want it for my Coronado PST but I agree about the pistol grip being a possible problem, the good thing is since it's for daytime use I'll be able to see to adjust it. :)

Ordered one of these on Friday. Got a dispatch notification that evening and have now recieved an email saying that the remaining stock is damaged and they are cancelling the order and refunding my money.

Funny thing but they are still showing them as in stock but at a price of £36.68. I'll wait a couple of days and see if they update their stock level before I give them feedback.

... recieved an email saying that the remaining stock is damaged and they are cancelling the order and refunding my money.

Funny thing but they are still showing them as in stock but at a price of £36.68.

Sounds very dodgy indeed!

Is that legal to cancel orders then relist at a higher price?

I think as long as they have not actually taken the money they can cancel just as you can, the deal has not been made. Nobody knows yet if they are actually selling the stock at the higher price.

It looks like the higher priced Item is being sold by Amazon direct rather than through Hot Deals UK who had the lower price.

I have had no response to my request that they honour the agreed price and supply the handgrip once they have new stock rather than refunding my money.

I'm guessing that they were caught out by a bunch of keen astronomers piling in the orders and ran out of stock!

I think I now know what is going on with Amazon and pricing. What I suspect happens is this: Amazon behaves like a sales portal for a number of sellers of an item, and its quoted stock level is the combined stock of all the sellers. The sellers may sell at different prices so, if the seller with the cheapest stock runs out of stock, the cheapest price reverts to the next cheapest price being offered by a seller. If the original seller with the cheapest price gets his/her stock wrong (royally irritating!), the order is not fulfilled at that price and your order is cancelled.

Archived