sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

May the games beginn:) Hi from Germany

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Double Kick Drum:) Thanks! Yes that's another reason I bought it, I expected my first scope to be able not only for the Messier catalogue but also for Herschel 400 and maybe even some parts of Abel

Hi Pete:) Thanks for the welcome! Today my scope arrived:):) I assembled it and it looks beautiful! Tomorrow more now I'm really tired from my 24h duty^^ Happy and excited greetings Matze

Hi Matze and welcome to SGL, with your new scope and living on top of a hill, you should be in a good position to get a look at our new visitor Comet C/2011L4 Panstarrs, enjoy :)

John.

Hi Matze, if you download Stellarium, it's free, you can download through the programe a number of comets. It will give you a rough idea of where it is in the sky, know you can't do a goto but it might help :)

Jim

Just downloaded the program, really cool!

But didn't find the download option for comets so far.

Thanks for the suggestion Jim:)

CS and best wishes

Matze

Okay, I have opened mine so can guide you through it.

F2 brings the Main Configuration window up > Plugins > Solar System Editor > Configure > Import Orbital Elements > Select Type > Select Source.

Once you have download, use the Configuration to setup how you wish to see Stellarium on screen, hope that is of some help.

Jim