Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starting with a bang!

NotSoSuperNova

I thought I'd make my first comment a new post, just to be controversial :smiley: Anyway, at the moment I am learning the ropes with some trusty 10x50's and trying to memorise the constellations on offer. Not easy at the moment. I'm incredibly impressed with myself for seeing and identifying Ganymede and Callisto. And I have decided to invest in a set of thermals as it turns out 7 jumpers don't keep you legs warm! I hope to be at least a semi-regular fixture in the following months and have decided not to bug anyone on advice on 'what telescope should I get', it seems to have been covered once or twice already.

Also, if anyone knows of an appropriate sign off then I would be more than happy to adopt it. Until then, I wish clear skies and lucky finds on ABS to everyone.

Ryan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for hiking boots , I ve got a pair and they were a godsend in the recent snow we had.

you could try looking at fishing suits as well, flee-lined all-in ones , you will probably be too hot then , will steam up your bins!

Thanks all. Astro pants sound like an essential piece of kit :smiley: A fleece lined fishing suit onsie sounds fab as well, did you just make up a whole new piece of clothing though? Surely they're not a real life thing I can actually buy!!!

Thanks all. Astro pants sound like an essential piece of kit :smiley: A fleece lined fishing suit onsie sounds fab as well, did you just make up a whole new piece of clothing though? Surely they're not a real life thing I can actually buy!!!

oh yes, they are real , in camouflage too if you want to blend into the trees.

Hi Ryan and welcome to SGL, all those jumpers cold legs, you obviously did not put your legs down the sleeves :grin: only joking, but good fishing tackle outlets sell well insulated all in one suits and good footwear can be had from such as Outdoor shops, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

There next to the glass hammers matey :grin: :grin: :grin:

My day has been made. All the research I've done into kit and to think I completly overlooked camouflaged stealth astronomy. Nice tip about the upside down jumper as well, save me some pennies not buying quilted pantaloons and get a telrad instead

Archived