Narrowband

ring set for 110mm

i've got a tal-1 and i want to buy a ring set for it as i'd like to put it on my eq 3-2 as well as the tal mount, i've looked everywhere, the closest i can find is a set for 114mm newt,

anyone know what size rings i will get away with , obviously i want to rotate in the rings being eq and a newt,

Consider getting them made.

I've just made a set for my 10" and it cost me almost nothing.

A smaller engineering firm can make them custom. Were I to retail them, i'd be charging around 70 to 80 australian.

Make sure you line the inside with velvet though, otherwise the steel will 'make it's mark'

:)

The older aluminium Tal 1 tube, is approx 140mm in diameter.

A pair of skywatcher type rings in this size, should fit. Around the £22 mark, I think. I had to pack my rings(allegedly 140mm I/D rings!) out a bit, with a strip of self adhesive, fuzzy velcro, for a good fit.

With the rings screwed down on a dovetail bar, this lets me use my Tal 1 on my other mounts, if necessary.

Archived