SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from South Derbyshire.

Mattscar

Hellooooo and good evening to everyone here!

My name is Matt, Im 26 and from near Burton on Trent in the midlands. We're famous for three things down here - beer, marmite, and making Manchester United think twice before fielding a second team when playing a low league side.

I promise thats the only football reference you will get from me :)

Iv been interested in astronomy for a number of years now, starting when I was at university but my interest really started to peak when I worked on a cruise ship. The clear skies in the middle of the ocean are enough to suck anyone into it.

Aside from astronomy I am a keen musician, holding a degree in popular music with music technology, which I have been doing since I was 5. I play several instruments to a high standard and will try to turn my hand to anything put infront of me (apart from woodwind; different lip control which baffles the life out of me).

Iv been doing some naked eye and binocular observations but have finally upgraded myself to a telescope. I only bought it last night so it won't arrive for a week or so but thought it would be a good idea to get myself set up on a forum. Being as you guys turned up regularly in my research about which scope to get I thought I may aswell join with the people who know what they are on about and seem nice and welcoming. Even within 5 minutes of joining I was glad to have found a section of beginners articles with useful tips and tricks, to which I look forward to reading more of.

For reference, the scope I have bought is the Skywatcher Explorer 130P with the SupaTrak mount. I'm very much looking forward to getting it and to joining in the fantastic hobby.

Enough from me now, thanks to anyone that has read this and I look forward to meeting you all soon.

Matt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the lounge, haven't taken the plunge myself yet, but congratulations on the new scope, there's a lot to learn, but any help needed you only have to ask, every one here is very helpful.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Archived