SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

All from one Power Tank?

Hi,

I was wondering if are people knew of any problems running all of my imaging setup from just one Ring Powering 12V 40Ah Power Tank? Mostly as regards rf / noise in the power supply but also any estimates length of imaging time possible.

Setup as follows:-

4 Port Startech USB3 hub 12V

Kendrick DigiFire 10

2 x 4" dew heater strips

Canon 1000D USB

12V Canon adaptor

Keyspan USB 19HS converter

Skywatcher HEQ-5

Lodestar guider

Shoestring FSUSB focus adaptor

TS motor focusser for 2" crayford

Thanks

Nick

You will need to ascertain the current draw from each piece of equipment (HEQ5 2-3 A, heater strips 0.5 - 1A etc) When you have the total ampage divide that into 40 (the capactity of your battery 40 Ah) this will give you a figure in hours i.e. how many hours you will be able to draw the total current for.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I am not familiar with a lot of your other bits of equipment and what thier power consumption is.

Ian

You might be better to half the battery capacity when making your calculations, battery ratings (like your 40Ah) are usually worked out on average warm day temperatures not below or near freezing and get less accurate the older the battery gets.

You will need to ascertain the current draw from each piece of equipment (HEQ5 2-3 A, heater strips 0.5 - 1A etc) When you have the total ampage divide that into 40 (the capactity of your battery 40 Ah) this will give you a figure in hours i.e. how many hours you will be able to draw the total current for.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I am not familiar with a lot of your other bits of equipment and what thier power consumption is.

Ian

This is good advice, only I would go above 25a in calculating, you dont want to drain a battery every time you use it.

Archived