Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Dob wheels?

kirkster501

Anyone suggest some wheels, lockable preferably so I can wheel my Dob from out of the garage 30 odd feet across crazy paving etc? I'd suggest they'd need to be pneumatic to better protect the scope from vibration. If this could be combined with some sort of adjustable platform to get the level spot on that'd be even better!

Thanks, Steve

If you want adjustable height it may be simpler to have a set of wheels and then a set of feet on threaded rods that you can spin down to the ground to take the load off the feet.

Alternatively, a set of handlebars and one or two wheels to make a "dob wheelbarrow" that you lower onto the feet for use. Have a pair of eyes in each side of the dob base, slip the "handlebars" through them, slot the wheel axle onto the other end, lift it up and, err, dob's your uncle :)

James

you cannot use a dob on wheels as it would simply be too unstable, especially pneumatic ones.

as James suggests though if you can lift it off the ground/wheels with another set of feet then that might work. seems a lot of effort though. wheel barrow handles would be better or just move it in two?

maybe set some (level) pads in the ground where you observe?

Anyone suggest some wheels, lockable preferably so I can wheel my Dob from out of the garage 30 odd feet across crazy paving etc? I'd suggest they'd need to be pneumatic to better protect the scope from vibration. If this could be combined with some sort of adjustable platform to get the level spot on that'd be even better!

Thanks, Steve

Have a look here page two. I got the wheels from B&Q.

Dave