Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jellyfish (IC443)

Shibby

This is my first DSO image of the year. The weather has been diabolical so let's hope March will be better! Conditions last night were bad too, a lot of haze about so I gathered some Ha for the Jellyfish.

450d / 150PDS

Colour: 12x300s

Ha: 18x600s

As you can see, not really enough data, but just happy to finally get an imaging fix! Will add more to this given the opportunity before it slips away.

gallery_5051_1080_271521.jpg

Thanks! Looking again, I think there's a slight alignment issue between my layers.

Yeah the weather is depressing, the transparency was so terrible I could only just make out the brightest constellations. I think us lot suffer from S.A.D. more than most!

Nice result overall Lewis especially given the conditions.

May be a bit of Ha to make it shine.

I was collecting Ha last night due to the poor conditions, but could certainly do with more!

I'd say that's an excellent shot :) a very nice job on the processing side, great star colour, what ISO were you using ?

Sorry; it was ISO 800 for both the colour and Ha, calibrated with flats.

Lewis, it's come out really well - you have a different field of view to the version that Olly has posted, but I really like the detail in the nebulosity that you've pulled out here, it's delicately done and there's lovely detail in there

Archived