SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New starter in Lancashire

kestrel1960

Hi I'm Phil from Preston.

I've always been interested in the stars. More into the Sci-Fi side of things in the past but have always regularly watched The Sky At Night & been outside irregularly with binoculars in the past.

However recently bit the bullet & finally got the nerve to go a step further. I will be picking up a secondhand TAL 150P telescope this weekend & am really excited to get out & see what it can do.

i understand there's a TAL user group on here - any help in finding it would be appreciated. I've heard nothing but good things about TAL's on here & everywhere else I browse. Which actually guided my decision to buy one as my first telescope.

Here's hoping it lives up to the hype & fires my interest in the stars.

Phil 5/3/13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Phil and welcome along. I'm sure the scope will generate a renewed interest for you.

Clear skies :)

Oh and BTW, I don't know if there is a TAL group or not, but if there is it may be found by doing a search (very top right hand corner of the screen) unless someone chips in first with a yay or nay.

Hi Phil and welcome to SGL. I don't think there's a TAL users group as such (I believe there used to be). There are however some very enthusiastic TAL owners here and there is plenty of help and advice available. Just ask, and let us know how you're getting on.

Good luck and clear skies :smiley:

Jason

Hi Phil welcome to the lounge, good luck with the new scope when it arrives, there is lots of help on this site, just ask, someone will give you the answer you are looking for.

Good luck and Clear Sky's

Archived