SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

good episode of the sky at night

sparkyjon

just caught up with the recorded episode from last night, really enjoyed it , some amazing footage of the asteroid and a lovely shot of the meteorite from space looking down as it broke into our atmosphere..

it looks like Chris and Lucy are going to take over as the main presenters and i like it.

Yep, I enjoyed it and thought that the team had settled down a bit and looked more comfortable. That said, I thought that the programme was quite 'light' overall and I wouldn't want to see that tone repeated for every episode.

I'm looking forward to the 'scope/astronomy doctor' item that was mentioned will appear in the next episode.

Shame its not on iPlayer as I missed it, I was outside looking up at the time. Looks like it's being repeated on Thursday though. I'll try and catch it then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

A really enjoyable episode, one of the most enjoyable for quite sometime. I really like the partnership of Lucie and Chris as presenters for the show. I wonder if they are going to be on location every week now or will they start using Patrick's home again? Or are we going to see a new Sky @ Night studio?

Some of the footage was excellent from Kielder, looked the business up there.

This is the best the Sky @ Night has looked for years.

I like the new format so far. It was great to see the Kielder Observatory & it makes me want to visit. Pity that the BBC don't put it on iPlayer straight away. That really frustrates me because you can watch "deadenders" if you so wish, straight away. You can even catch up on crappy soaps / loose women, whatever on Sky+ or Virginmedia on demand, even though these shows are on every day.

When it comes to TSaN, which is only on once a month you have to wait before attempting hunt for it.

Archived