Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

24mm Panoptic

Daniel-K

I just am going a little long sighted as I age, one of my pairs of glasses cost 1.75 from some cheap and cheerful shop in Hull, they work fine when I put them on. Somewhat rediculous when you look at the money I have spent on optics.

We should make an effort to put them on, I wouldn't look such a fool not being able to see allenscrews in a hole, well the only time I ever get close to the scope is in the dark. It seems to have done the job now anyway.

Alan.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eye sight is a little less problematic for astronomy but more of an issue in everyday life. I have very mild astigmatism in my right eye which is hardly noticeable so my right eye is my lens eye and all is well. My left eye however is next to useless and nothing can be done for it. My right eye effectively does all the work and my left eye is only there to provide a bit of depth perception and all is well, BUT when my eyes get tired my tiny brain is suddenly aware of the disparity between my two eyes and on a good day I get a head ache and a bit of blurriness but on a bad day I lose depth perception entirely and fall over :eek: .

I do have a pair of glasses which are meant to take the pressure off my right eye a bit and stop it getting tired so much but I like you don't wear them often enough..... in fact I'm not sure where they are???

Perhaps I should find a way to make money by looking through a scope..... Then I'd only ever need one eye

I just am going a little long sighted as I age, one of my pairs of glasses cost 1.75 from some cheap and cheerful shop in Hull, they work fine when I put them on. Somewhat rediculous when you look at the money I have spent on optics.

We should make an effort to put them on, I wouldn't look such a fool not being able to see allenscrews in a hole, well the only time I ever get close to the scope is in the dark. It seems to have done the job now anyway.

Alan.

Thats how my eyes have gone Alan - and I use the cheap & cheerful reading glasses too !

Of course, if I needed to use them for astronomy I'd go for 180 degree 12 element ones with black frames and green piping on them :wink:

John, Designer frames no doubt?

Funny how we get side tacked this thread started out with all of us giving good sound advice of how good the TV 24mm Panoptic is, now we are all talking about getting old and our eyes giving up. I think most of the time we stayed with TV eyepieces of one type or another.

Do Televue make glasses, I need a pair.

Alan.

They do the lenses in a designer frame - Raypan-optics....

Well meandering off topic and losing track of your thread are other symptoms of getting old.

I think the OP has taken the useful bits of info out of this thread and his excellent Panoptic and left us talking rubbish like a bunch of middle aged chaps in a pub.... :eek: ...So I suppose it has served it's purpose :grin:

They do the lenses in a designer frame - Raypan-optics....

Well meandering off topic and losing track of your thread are other symptoms of getting old.

I think the OP has taken the useful bits of info out of this thread and his excellent Panoptic and left us talking rubbish like a bunch of middle aged chaps in a pub.... :eek: ...So I suppose it has served it's purpose :grin:

I hope I'm not included in that, I can only be considered "Middle Aged" if "Middle Aged" is between birth and middle-aged or if I was living in Shakespeare's time :Envy: (or even earlier...)

Ha ha umbrage caused all round - I called it middle aged in the literal sense..... I'm 38 which, by current studies is almost spot on half way through my life - Middle aged!!!!!!!!!

Although for some reason, generally middle aged is taken to be in your mid 50's - as if we normally live to be 110??

Still I can think of worse people and topics of conversation to have in a pub :grin:

Archived