Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

daz

Friday's Buffet

Hi all

Here is the suggestion from Lucksall for Friday's buffet:

Pork & Apple rolls with stuffing

Hot dogs with fried onions

Vegetarian Burgers

Salad

Stilton & Broccoli soup (Very popular and great if the weather is a little cold)

Pasta bake (slightly spicy)

Chicken satay style

A selection of nibble bits

Coleslaw

Curried rice

Selection of Desserts

Price will be around £6.00 per head, but we can adjust the menu as we see fit....

Seeing as we will have Hog Roast on Saturday, we could drop the Pork & Apple rolls, for example - or swap with normal burgers - or keep it on!!!

I'm starving, and reading this is making me more so!!!!!

All sounds good to me Daz.

Is it at the BBQ that we are doing something to celebrate Sir Patick's Moore's life, and if so how are we celebrating?

Can't wait to get there, just over a week to go for me.

Would prefer burgers instead of the pork and apple rolls since we are having the hog roast on the Saturday, but am happy to go with the flow if majority want the rolls! Whatever, I will be there - if only for an excuse to get to meet some of you lovely people!

Hi DAZ,

I agree with Rae on the pork two nights running. I favour curries etc, could be issues with burgers jumping off the plate and landing in the Wye (water fence!)

Guinness bread goes well with curries and meat dishes...... We make it at the Galloway Star Party, and

It is scoffed very fast.

I will eat anything put in front of me.

Cheers

Adrian

All sounds good to me Daz.

Is it at the BBQ that we are doing something to celebrate Sir Patick's Moore's life, and if so how are we celebrating?

Yep, we'll be showing the video of the work SGL did in refurbing his observatories, and if anyone has any pictures, or stories, they would like to share, this would be a good time!

All looks really good, lots of choice too. If I had a preference, I too would go for normal burgers on the Friday as well. Whichever it is though, I'll still eat it !! :laugh:

I'll eat what ever isn't nailed down :)

Adds hammer and nails to kit list.....

Burgers on Friday if possible .... Horse or Beef i'm neigh bothered....

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Sounds delicious. What time is it served?

Will they be horse burgers?

The horse burgers will probably turn out to be 100% beef. The real horses went into ready meals and extra value beef burgers. :D

Pork baps, burgers, horse - not fussed I too will eat pretty much anything and everything so its all good :)

Im up for the BBQ, might be just the thing after working up a hunger putting up the tent etc. It'l save me cooking as well - which reminds me, I must bring a proper frying pan. Those pans you get in camping sets arent great to cook with (everything sticks!).

I live in a house full of veggies so when I go away to a star party it tends to get nicknamed Meatfest and for good reason!