Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Jeffro

Hi from Crowthorne, Berkshire. Uk

Hi all.

just signed up , and I'm now searching for my 1st telescope. Top of list so far is a sky-watcher 200p Dob.

i have some questions, but I will post them is the relevant threads.

thanks

Welcome to the SGL. I think the 200p Dob would be among many SGL members top recommendations for a good visual use scope if budget will allow.

Clear skies,

Hi Jeffo,

Welcome to SGL, thats a great choice of scope too. Save some pennies for a copy of 'sky & telescope pocket star atlas', and download a planetarium program, stellarium is great and also free, it can be found here ... http://www.stellarium.org/

Cheers

Hello & welcome :laugh:

Shaun

Hi Jeffro welcome to the lounge, great scope, I too have been looking at that one myself.

Good luck with the scope

Hey Jeffro. Welcome to the SGL mate. 200P dob was my first. A very good scope.

Hi Jeffro and welcome to the forum. The type of scope depends mainly on what you want to do with it, but if it is visual then the 200p has a lot going for it and for the money will certainly provide you with some very good views. It's the U.K's best selling scope and for good reason, so I don't think you will go far wrong with this choice and of course should you want to upgrade in the future (....trust me, you will! :grin:) then its popularity will hold a good resale value meaning its true cost in real terms is significantly less.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Jeffro, There's some knowledgeable folk around here so you probably came to the right place!

Alan

Hi, welcome to SGL :)

The 200 Dob gets a lot of recommendations as a top quality scope.