SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just joined

baggywrinkle

Hi Everyone, just joined the forum. I have come back to astronomy after many years. Bought a 6SE in December and found a lot has changed from the days of a very nasty old 60mm refractor circa 1970!

I am getting interested in the astrophotography side, again much has changed and camera's are so advanced these days.

BTW, a baggywrinkle was a piece of frayed cordage used on the old sailing ships to prevent the sails from thrapping and wearing on the standing rigging....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wecome Baggywrinkle (brilliant some of these old nautical terms). Not into AP yet but there's plenty of members on here who are, so there's a wealth of experience to draw on, just ask.

Good luck and clear skies :smiley:

Jason

Hi Baggywrinkle and welcome aboard the good ship SGL if you want to advance your knowledge into AP then a copy of Steve Richards book " Making Every Photon Count " see FLO top of page, should be an invaluable asset, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you cleared up the meaning behind your tag name as I was beginning to think it might represent some kind of uncomfortable medical condition! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum,

James

Archived