Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

panstarrs in stellarium

Hello,

I just did it by selecting solar system editor in the configuration menu. Clicking configure. On the solar system tab selecting "import orbital elements" down the bottom. Selecting comets, then the bookmark. On mine it was "MPC's list of observable comets"

Then get orbital elements. Then searched for C/2011 L4 PANSTARRS, ticked the check box then add objects.

Its on there, not sure how accurate or if I even added the right one but seems about right.

Dan

I'll try :)

Click on "configuration window" - f2

Then "plugins"

"Solar System Editor"

"Configure"

"Solar System" tab

"import orbital elements in MPC format"

Click "comets button"

And from drop down select "MOC's list of observable comets" and click "download"

Alernatively click "online search" and enter the full correct name of the comet "C/2011 L4 Panstarrs" and it will find just that comet and you can download that and add it to the data base.

Well this doesn't bode well; have just imported it and fast-forwarded until Satuday and it's hidden behind a tree even on Stellarium...

Easy, just turn off the horizon :laugh:

Works in real life too! :grin:

Easy, just turn off the horizon :laugh:

Works in real life too! :grin:

I'm taking it as a sign that Panstarrs will be playing hide-and-seek with the clouds instead! Think trees might be the least of my worries haha

unfortunately i only have access to stellarium on my works computer and it wont connect the app online to download the patch that has panstarrs in.

dont suppose one of you very fine people would be willing to change your location to Dewsbury and fast forward to 6.30 on the 12th and13th and do a screen grab and post it up somewhere for me to look at so i have a vague idea where in relation to the moon i should be looking?

many thanks if you could,

Nick

Archived