Do i upgrade my 25mm or get 32mm tv plossl

robbieboy

Hi all, a bit of advice is needed please. I have a skywatcher 200p dob and i don't know whether to upgrade the supplied 25mm eyepiece to a bst or go for a 32mm tv plossl. Where is the best place to get a tv plossl as i am pretty new to astronomy? I want them for looking a dso's especially with Leo getting higher in the sky. Cheers Rob.

The 25mm that came with the scope is not a bad eyepiece its the 10mm usually that's iffy, a 32mm plossl is a good investment and FLO the sponsors on this site are very good. Looking at the Leo Trio you may be better with a 18 mm BST starguider or an X-cel they are two very good eyepieces.

I've been testing the Baader 32mm Classic plossl and the Vixen 30mm NPL plossl. Both are pretty good low power eyepieces for less than £50 apiece. Here are my thoughts on them:

Archived