Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

back to basics

Recently I have had to sell up but found a 10 inch f4.7 dob so I have some spare ££ s for a few things I have a 24mm panoptic on the way. Im a galaxy kinda guy picking out faint fuzzys but im also a huge glob fan so my question is what is mynext EP? Something with a bit more mag. Budget £200-£250

Dan

If you could find a used 8mm Delos then this would be a great buy. otherwise perhaps a used 7 o6 9mm T6 Nagler? Alternatively, a 2.5x Powermate would give 9.6mm and be pretty good with your Panoptic (I used to use this combo and it's really nice).

would radians work well in the f4.7? saying that they dont do a 8mm.... hummmm im stuck here i need a good 8mm or 10mm EP :icon_scratch: the only decent EP i have ever owned was a 25mm Meade HD 60 seriess 5000 so im hoping that investing in some good glass will stop me from chopping and changing at EP's in the future.

im hoping that investing in some good glass will stop me from chopping and changing at EP's in the future.

This was exactly my way of thinking Dan, I've now got 6 very good EP's which I know I'II be happy with for a long time so no more expense and no more head aches trying to pick EP's! :)

I cant really help with your EP decisions though, all I can say is to decide on how my field of view you want in an EP then look at your options. I think thats a personal choice as everyone differs to how wide they actually want to see.

I settled on one low power 82˚ and all the rest are 72˚ Delos (apart from one XW) which as Shane says are excellent EP's, may be tricky finding a used 8mm Delos in the UK though.

When I had a 10" F/4.8 newtonian I found globular clusters looked great at 150x - 200x. As an alternative to a Radian, and at around the same price, the Vixen LVW's are very nice and have an 8mm in the range. I've read great things about the Pentax XF 8.5mm eyepiece too which is around £120 new.

Archived