Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anybody planning for Panstarrs?

Bluey

We are getting closer to Panstarrs becoming visible (hopefully), so assuming the clouds decide to give us a break, is anybody planning a trip out to view? I would love to get to somewhere dark, but with Essex being pretty flat, I am struggling to find a decent western view. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Yup, i'm planning on it being cloudy........every other astronomical event as been in the UK. Dont get your hopes up is my advice. If it happens it happens but dont build hopes on it cos you will be disappointed more.

Yup, i'm planning on it being cloudy........every other astronomical event as been in the UK. Dont get your hopes up is my advice. If it happens it happens but dont build hopes on it cos you will be disappointed more.

I think the British weather is taking it's toll on us all, but I still live in hope.

I tend not to plan too much for comets as they usually don't turn out as predicted or it's hard to find a suitable location from which to view them.

However, having seen the recent images taken from city locations I'm starting to think this might be worth the effort.

The Dengie area, with a clear horizon and looking west, might be suitable.

I'm in Tenerife from the 8th to 15th and hope to get a glance or two.

I just hope the weather improves there too because they've had 4 very stormy days. Overcast, rain and v. strong winds :embarrassed: Not good for the Scuba Diving that I go for :(

Luckily for me that bunch of weather is heading this way to give a bit of a turn in the weather here from Wednesday.

think there may be a ow of opportunity a bit later on....though having ust got back from centerparcs and injured my back playing squash, i cannot lift the scope out even if the clouds did part for a while!

O well...maybe next time.

Archived