Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2244 - Rosette Nebula

Stargazer Jack

Hi,

I have just processed my first image that was taken using T14 with the help of iTelescope. The data is 7 x 600s of HA and OIII each. I tried to create a bi-color using this http://billsnyderast...m/?page_id=2358 but it was my first time processing an image and using photoshop so it isn't the best. If anybody would like me to post the original HA and OIII data then I would be happy to do that.

Any advice of what to change or anything would be great as this is my first real image and first time processing.

Jack :D

post-11186-0-37524100-1362332831_thumb.j

There's goos stuff in there - good detail :) Use Image > Adjustments > Levels to reduce the background level. Move the left hand marker to just to the left of the histogram hump.

Thanks Mick. As some of you may have seen, the stars in the corners don't overlap despite it being taken on the same telescope but on different nights. Is there anyway I could get rid of this as it may be my bad processing or the stacking in DSS that caused this. I will post the images if anybody would like to take a look :)

I guess this is DSS 'feature'. I also suffered from that a few times and than moved to PixInsight. Did you try registering subs in some other software? As I can see only the center of the image is correctly aligned. The further from the middle, the misalignment is worse. You can see that on the left side.

milosz

You want free software? That's the nub of it. I use RegiStar but free it isn't - costs nearly £100 ($150). Great software though and really "does what it says on the tin" :) Can line up with any shift, any rotation and even different scales. For instance, I used data from several imaging sessions - some with the ED80 direct and some with the focal reducer. It can join up image edges too to make a mosaic, with just a minimal overlap.

I guess this is DSS 'feature'. I also suffered from that a few times and than moved to PixInsight. Did you try registering subs in some other software? As I can see only the center of the image is correctly aligned. The further from the middle, the misalignment is worse. You can see that on the left side.

milosz

Hi milosz,

I have just downloaded the trail for PixInsight as I noticed it was free and it was the full version. What do I do in it to get the images that I then put into PhotoShop? Do I need to put all the images taken in it to stack them to hopefully stop this effect or do I need to do something different?

Thanks in advance :)

Jack,

Harry's tutorials are a great start. You can also experiment with 'Image Registration' and 'Image Integration' tools. There is a tutorial on PI webpages: http://www.pixinsight.com/tutorials/master-frames/en.html.

You don't need to use photoshop (of course you can). PI has all tools needed for image processing. It is a bit different from PS, but can deliver the same results. This tutorial might give an idea: http://www.pixinsight.com/examples/M45-sonnenstein/en.html

I keep my fingers crossed for the results :)

Cheers,

milosz

Archived