Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn and Titan 03/03/2013

long_arms

Hello,

This was my first crack at Saturn with the autofocuser fitted and boy did it make life easier.

With only the planet to focus on (moons too dim) I still found it very easy.

Unfortunately my DIY extension tube was an epic fail. There was so much movement at the barlow end that after 10 minutes of trying, I gave up trying to find Saturn.

I have already solved the problem (didn't have time this morning).

So this was just with the stock skywatcher 2x barlow at prime focus of a 200p (2000mm FL). Quite shocked at how big it was on the chip nonetheless, so I'm optimistic for better results when I have a 3x barlow and a functioning little extension tube.

Seeing was better than last 2 attempts at Saturn. Although when I pointed the scope at the moon it became apparent what "better" was...pretty shabby.

Didn't attempt with the IR pass. This is around 3000 frames out of 7000 stacked. Titan was clear so I brought it out with levels adjustment, 3 more moons are visible on the stack but barely so I filled them out.

Taken at around 3 am.

I'm very happy :)

post-26081-0-13121900-1362325500_thumb.p

Very nice and glad u got some clear sky this am - I had to give up @ 21:30hrs last night due to thick cloud, but had great conditions for 3hrs. Hope to get the improved cam and a 5x barlow on Saturn this weekend and should also have my baader lrgb filters if things look really good.

Lets hope the weather plays ball.

Archived