Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from the Isle of Wight

NorrinRadd

Hi, my name is Simon Plumley and I'm looking forward to participating in the forum. I have long had an interest in astronomy and done a lot of professional photography in the past too. Only bought my first scope a couple years ago and took me ages to work it out so I'm kinda new to it. I recently moved to the west side of the Island where it has some good dark skies looking South to France.

Just getting to grips with some deep space and planet image stacking using my dslr, and want to start some more serious auto guiding and astro CCD imaging. Love to share any knowledge, but only have a relatively basic astronomy knowledge compared to you guys and also love to pick your brains on my new CCD/guiding later.

Scope is a Celestron 9.25" on CGEM , using canon 5dmk11 DSLR for stacking and video.

Cheers and clear skies,

Simon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome's guys :grin:

Steve, thanks, yes I' m set to go to the Star Party, first one and can't wait. I live 10 mins up the road just hope we get some good sky. Would be good to see you all down here maybe next year ? :laugh:

Hi Simon,

Welcome to SGL from me at the other side of the world (Bembridge). Great forum and plenty of really helpful and experienced imagers,so dont stint on the questions or posting your own images up.

Ill be at IOWSP from Thurs to Sat so hopefully get a chance to meet and say hi - fingers crossed for some clear sky :)

Jake

Hi Jake :laugh: ,

all the way over the other side, what the weather like over there hehehe ! Defo catch up Thurs onwards !

I'm intending to set and take away late at night each night/morning as I have two young children too, 5mth and 2 yr old ...so not fair to stay away for all the day.

I have some pics kinda first efforts to share , but I can't see how to...I'm not sure if I have to post so many times first before I'm allowed ? ..(eg a signature needs 10 posts)

Hi Simon and welcome. I used to live at Lake on the Island as a boy and remember great skies.

Occasionally go to Chine Farm campsite just up from Brightstone it's really dark superb for imaging, just one 60 watt bulb on at night outside the loos. :)

Dave

Archived