Jupiter 2-3-13

si@nite

captured this shot in some what murkey seeing, carnt help thinking it might be the last one till next time around. Looking forward to saturn, hope i can get some where near Freddies wonderfull shot! :grin: Thanks for looking.

post-16599-0-46168200-1362275243_thumb.p

Thats a great shot Simon - 3 months past opposition and getting a bit smaller, but you captured some fantastic detail and its certainly stands against some of the best Ive seen and trumps those over the last month. That C925 definitely delivers the goods.

Look foward to your Saturn images, but please dont give up on Jupiter just yet ...

Scuse thumbs on phone.

great image. May i ask what equipment you used for this i.e barlows extensions? I have got the same setup but am getting nothing like this.

Thanks, image taken with c 9.25- x3 barlow - 100mm ext-tube with DFK AU618! Thanks also Martyn, Darryl, Jake & Robin.

Robin i used 30 fps - 1/30 exp - 75% gain & stacked 1800 from 5000 frames taken.

Hi,

Wow, that is quite some magnification. I reckon your 3x Barlow wil be nearer 4 to 5x with the extension tube add that to the 2350mm focal length, that's quite high magnification at around F/40 to F/50.

It gives me something to think about.

Robin

Archived