Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Southwater West Sussex

AndyxSara

Hello my name is Andy and ive joined this forum after attending my daughters astronamy evening at her school lastnight. I have always been facinated with the sky at night but im a complete novice haha but hey we all have to start somewhere right. Anyway been looking at some scopes i may want to buy and im liking the Dosonian 8". So thought id join a forum and have a good read and try to learn more before rushing into buying a scope.

So thats me and hope to speak with some of you soon.

Happy stargazing

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy and welcome aboard. There are lots of good scopes about that you can start off with. Maybe when you're ready, post a shortlist in the 'getting started' section and you will find that lots of folks can chip in with some ideas and suggestions.

Good luck :)

Hi Andy welcome to the lounge, I too am a newbie, I started with bins but like you I am keen on an 8" dob seems a good scope for the money, I have been searching the lounge for information about this scope and there is tons, just use the search engine lots of advice in there. Good Luck

Hi Andy and Sara welcome to SGL, cant argue with the telescope mentioned above as its a great telescope.

just take your time to read up and think about what you might want to see before you go ahead and buy, good luck and both enjoy your new hobby.

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. Good idea to take your time whne buying a scope as there are plenty to choose from and all capable of slightly different things. You have come to the right place so feel free to ask what ever question yo like in the appropriate section and I'm sure your enquiries will be met with plenty of responses,

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum.

James

Archived