SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Photoshop and Bicolor Help

Hi,

I have data of the Rosette Nebula in both HA and OIII and I would like to create a Bicolor image by making a synthetic green. I have been following this http://www.starrywonders.com/bicolortechniquenew.html however I have a problem when I get to 11 C. This red is created fine in part A, the green is then fine in B but when I try to make it blue in part C, it is still green and will not change. I may have been doing something wrong as this is my first time at DSO processing.

If anyone could help then it would be great even if it is just a suggestion that may not work.

Also, if more information is needed then I will be ver grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Jack, I don't know how common it is to make a synthetic green with narrowband data. Many folks, myself included will capture just H-alpha and OIII on a target - then when processing in Photoshop you then usually combine as HOO (=RBG) so in this way the Green maps to the OIII data. Narrowband images come out as nice delicate reds & blues with the combination. You are at liberty to switch the asignment of channels as well, but you may get some weird colours....

Archived