Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 150p or 200p?

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and I have been doing some astrophotography for 1 year with not much results.

I currently use a meade LXD75 mount that has been hypertuned, and an old bresser galaxia 114/900 newton OTA.

As the title says, I want to buy a new OTA that is more suitable for AP. But I can't choose.

My biggest concern is whether a LXD75 can carry the 200p and still track well (with autoguiding of course)??

I believe that the 150p in combination with my canon eos 450D has a to wide FOV.

Are there any other people that use a similar setup for AP?

Victor

You'd be at the limit of the LXD75 with the 150p, the 200p is too heavy.

Nether scope will function well for astrophotography unless they are mounted on a HEQ5 or better. If so the 200p is a superior scope.

Nether scope will function well for astrophotography unless they are mounted on a HEQ5 or better. If so the 200p is a superior scope.

Not necessarily true,some people on here have had great results with a 200P on an EQ5,so you don't have spend big money to get decent results

These are QM's photos using a 200P on a EQ5,enjoy:

http://astrocasto.blogspot.co.uk/

Archived