Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mizar = tal ?

sparkyjon

It looks like a Tal doesn't it? I've also come across another very similar looking telescope under the brand name Leonid.

What we need here is the guru of Tal-unia.

Paging AndyH....paging AndyH....

:)

Mizar

Looks like it may be this Japanese company, if you scroll down the page they have a range of scopes in the advertising picture, however cannot see anything in the present set of products that says they are still making scopes.

My tal has come but its in a right old state the pier is fine and that's what i bought it for really but the actual ota is a bit battered.

on the subject how do you focus a tal as i can't see a way of doing It

Scopesnskies seem to call the Tal 1 they sell, a Leonid LS110.........

http://www.scopesnsk...cope/LS110.html

Mizar - The Tal 1 is often refered to as the 'Mizar', by Russian users. If I remember correctly, the very old, Russian Language user manuals, had Mizar or Мицар, imprinted on the cover.

Some very old Tal 1's had a helical focuser. That ebay listing looks to have one. 1st one I've ever seen with one. Sparkyjon - could yours have a helical focuser too? If so, I'd love to see some close up pics of it.

Cheers,

Andy.

Archived