SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A Chair!

All that standing around doing half poo stances in the freezing cold cant be any good for your back! :)

After reading this back I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea what a 'half poo stance' actually is??? :grin: hmmmm ok I'II get me coat. :)

After reading this back I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea what a 'half poo stance' actually is??? :grin: hmmmm ok I'II get me coat. :)

I never observe without a seat. it's far more comfortable and effective. now I have another reason, fear of unknowlingly doing half poo stances. :grin:

So what type of chair? I tried a folding stool, but found it easier to stand. My MAK is so short I am not sure if using a chair would work as not sure best position for feet, height of mount etc. I must admit that looking through my straight sight (or what ever you call it !) then using the diagonal and finally view what I have focused on, my back is by then killing me :eek:

So what type of chair? I tried a folding stool, but found it easier to stand. My MAK is so short I am not sure if using a chair would work as not sure best position for feet, height of mount etc. I must admit that looking through my straight sight (or what ever you call it !) then using the diagonal and finally view what I have focused on, my back is by then killing me :eek:

I just nicked a kitchen chair from the, er, Kitchen. I got a funny look, a stern warning not to damage it and to bring it back in when I'd done.

I tried a garden chair for a while but I found I was ending up perching on the arm a lot which wasn't very stable or comfortable. Less comfortable still was standing and bending over.

After a while I decided to get one the chairs designed for musicians that FLO sell

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/mey-observing-chair.html

The adjustable seat height is very nice as is the ability to twist a little in the seat. That's probably about as excited as you can get about a chair I guess. If you're handy enough I'm sure making your own is cheaper.

I removed the stops half way down the legs (if that makes sense) so the chair can go pretty close to the floor for observing near the zenith.

Similar position?......I have too sit all the time and fancy an ironing stool, you've just put me off :grin:

Archived