a quick Hi everyone from Ireland

Iddy

Hello everyone.

New member forum, and a new member... so i think its time for an introduction.

SGL, meet me, Michiel ( aka Michael) :)

30 years of age, currently living in Cork, Ireland, but Dutch by birth.

I've been tricked by an Irish woman to come over to the green isle, and never left. And still together :D

I've done some astronomy back home in the Netherlands, but sold my ( very very beginners gear) when i moved to Ireland.

However the itch started soon after, and now 2.5 years later, finally made the decision to invest in a new telescope.

Expecting my Skywatcher 200PDS to be delivered tomorrow! EXCITED!

Since I'm terribly out of shape with my astronomy ( think I even lost my star maps) I will be datamining the forum and probably asking a lot of questions until i'm up and running again :D

And knowing me, after that, I'll probably still be asking questions, but by that time, hopefully answering some as well.

So if any of you peeps are near Cork, and want some company while looking into the heavens, let me know.

Cheers.

Iddy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

about the clear skies thing... told one of my friends I bought a new scope. He asked me if I realized that I was living in Ireland.. where we have cloudy skies at least 250 nights a year :)

Staying optimistic though.... and will otherwise invent a weather machine! Clear Skies for ALL!!!! :D

Michiel

Hello Iddy

Welcome to the forum. Those Irish women, huh!! I'm in Killeagh. East Cork. Yes, it's true, Irish Astronomers are an optimistic bunch. But believe me, we do get to use those scopes. Where are you in Cork, how dark are your skies?

Good luck

Barry

Archived