Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CG-5 GT Goto - honest opinions

earth titan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just bought a C925 / CG-5 GT and I was a bit nervous with regard to the capacity of the mount but the deal meant that if it wasn't upto the job I would still be in front once I sold it however it's fine and I really don't feel the need for anything heavier duty. It does wobble but only during focus and it damps very quickly which I'm happy with.

Dave

Celestron have upgraded the CG5. They have fitted an improved saddle. They also added other things that people wanted, such as a RTC, PEC, better motors and gear boxes and improved polar align controls.

It was released in January, there were a couple at Astrofest, next to the CG5.

It's a little more expensive, $100 in the USA so I guess about £100 extra in the UK. Less than the cost of the ADM saddle.

Chris

Celestron have upgraded the CG5. They have fitted an improved saddle. They also added other things that people wanted, such as a RTC, PEC, better motors and gear boxes and improved polar align controls.

It was released in January, there were a couple at Astrofest, next to the CG5.

It's a little more expensive, $100 in the USA so I guess about £100 extra in the UK. Less than the cost of the ADM saddle.

Chris

I like the look of the new mount and wonder how it will compare stability wise.

Dave

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the vixen only adapter?

It would suit my needs as I only have vixen dovetails.

post-6511-0-52562800-1362087219_thumb.jp

At the moment I only have vixen bars - but bought the dual ADM saddle anyway - future proofing if you like !!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived