Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Off Axis Guider

FLO

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It has just arrived, here are two quick pix that might be useful (I'll make better pix for our website tomorrow or Thursday).

It screws directly to the back of a Skywatcher focal reducer. That will please owners of Skywatcher 80, 100 and 120 ED telescopes :glasses2:

Steve im curious will this fit before the reducer so dslr users can still maintain correct spacing from the reducer?

Steve im curious will this fit before the reducer so dslr users can still maintain correct spacing from the reducer?

Putting an OAG before a reducer is not at all ideal, and kind of defeats the object of using one in some ways.

Can't believe I missed this announcement - it looks like a very interesting device especially at that price

I missed it too Steve, and you know how obsessed I am with oags :-)

I should type louder :grin:

I will happily to send you both one for assessment. No obligation, just kick it's tyres then let us know what you think, good or bad. We don't use OAG here at FLO so you would be doing us a favour.

Steve

- nice and narrow at 11.0mm too.

It's 13mm :smiley:

The 9mm TS one is normally 13mm too by the time you get it in place. :rolleyes:

I would appreciate that Steve, I will take some images using an Esprit refractor, and I think the Skywatcher OAG will drop onto the rear of the flattener if I have read it right.

If it isn't being cheeky, and if you stock them, I would also need a T-1.25" adapter for use with the Lodestar by the look of it. Might be an idea to have those as a suggested accompanying item?

Thanks

Tim

It's 13mm :smiley:

Dohhhh - vernier scale - I should know better but my two callipers are rotary dial and digital so read out directly - I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully,I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully, I must look more carefully ......

Archived