Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

XPOLARS

New telescope.

Hi. Just joined the forum after taking delivery of my new telescope. Its a Skywatcher 200P on HEQ5 Pro mount. Currently frustrated by cloudy skies since I've had the scope - a whole week! The kit looks great though and the mount is very impressive. Pleased to see that I can control the polar scope brightness from the handset. I have some experience of astronomy that goes back to the late 60's, but this is the first decent telescope I've owned. Can't wait to get playing!

• Like 2

Hi Xpolars, welcome to SGL. Great setup you have their, enjoy (when the clouds go :embarassed:)

Hi Xpolars, welcome to SGL from me too, I've only been a member for a couple of months, no matter how daft a ? is you always get a reply that makes sense, its worked for me so far :grin:

Steve

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy using your new setup.

Welcome aboard from me too.

Wish these clouds would find somewhere else to play :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1:

Regards

Hello & welcome to the friendly forum :smiley:

Hello and welcome to SGL the friendly forum :laugh:

Hi Xpolars welcome to SGL, i know how you feel, in new to astronomy and like anything when you first start out you just want to get out there.

went to sleep early lastnight as the sky was clear so i could get up to view the full moon, well i dont need to tell you what greeted me when i did get up, :evil:

chin up if anything it teaches you to be patient.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting a great setup but what a shame about the clouds - never mind it will help build up the sense on anticipation which is probably at bursting point already! :grin:

Wishing you clear skies soon and enjoy the forum

James

Welcome Xpolars to SGL. Nearly the set up here too although the mist tonight has really took the shine out of the stars again. Hey ho enjoy your scope and clear skies

Damian