Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cliff's meteor station diagram :) and works!

Hi Cliff,

Just found this forum thread too. You've put some fantastic stuff here on stargazers lounge. I would love to set up a meteor station similar to yours - even though I did the foundation radio exam 2 years ago, I stil l can't seem to get my head around how to successfully set one of these up. Don't know why - clearly I have got a block somewhere. Could I ask for your help? How do I do that?

Andy

www.radio-astronomy.me.uk

www.roslistonastronomy.org.uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Cliff (and others)

Similarly I have just found this thread on the forum - I have just come into the possession of a DVB-T USB stick with the intention of putting together a meteor detection station.

I am going out later on to get some bits to build a J-Pole antenna - should be fun :)

I'll report back soon on how I am getting on.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear,

I feel a project coming on...........Ordered the DVB dongle from China - £6 odd + 30p for p/p and yep, I'll have your arm as well at that price and only 10 days delivery time..... which it was.

Postie convinced that the package he then delivered marked up in Chinese script, " was something special" for the wife!!!!   She swiftly disappointed him!  Postie left redfaced......  hope he returns!

Will keep you all posted on the mission.

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to come together....... Length of copper pipe and end fittings purchased...... good job Missus works for B&Q. Always said that they are one of the greatest sources of "astronomical kit", but they just don't know it!!  

Thanks to "madatter" for the link to the j pole calculator. That'll do nicely thanks.

Signal booster from flea bay, should arrive soon if postie is daring enough to return!!

Been promised our "exterior woodstore" building as the new "Radio Operation Control Center". Only snag is the number of other jobs to get jobbed before that one reaches the top of the pile.  It's a target to aim for I guess!!?

Onward and upwards.

Les

Archived