Orion Edge-on Planetary EP ....

MahlerMoonMan

Hi folks

I'm waiting on delivery this week/next week of a 6mm Orion edge-on planetary EP, and i am really looking forward to seeing just what it can show me in terms of lunar and planetary details on my ED80. Hopefully perhaps though to 'whet my appetite' has anyone else got experience of this range of EP and how good they are? The guy at SCS Astro really spoke positive of the optical quality of the edge-on, and it was the right price for me, so i chose it without really looking much more in to my options .... Hoping very much that i won't regret my decision ....

Any thoughts and opinions very much appreciated :grin:

Donaldo

I've not used an Orion Edge-On Planetary but I believe they are very similar, probably identical, optically, to the William Optics SPL eyepieces. There are more focal lengths available in the Edge-On range than the William Optics SPL range though.

The SPL's have a good reputation so I expect the Edge-On will perform well too. The William Optics SPL's are less expensive than the Orion Edge-On's though.

Orion (US) products do seem to cost more in the UK than their equivalents from other brands.

Archived