SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn's Rings opening 2011 - 2013...

Kokatha man

.....posted this over on CN late last night (Sth. Oz time! :) ) and thought SGL members might like to look at it to see how Saturn's rings have opened up over the last couple of years...

The only reasons for picking these 3 images from these 3 apparitions was (1) I had to be able to find 'em and (2) they had to be half-decent...

So I chose these that didn't need much fiddling around with scale and colour-rendition - but regardless I think they at least give a good demo of how Saturn's Rings have opened up as the Northern hemisphere tilts our way and we see more of the NP region... :)

post-3551-0-28142700-1361442348_thumb.pn

Thanks to Bluey, Wookie, Josh, Atlas, Stephen, Khw, Simon & Peter - your comments are appreciated!

Josh, you must've missed my last thread which goes into the North Polar stuff... :)

I've just tried the new high-speed drivers and FireCapture Build #37 (yeah, I'm a bit of a Luddite in some ways! :) ) and apart from lots of actual imaging problems they both seemed to work fine...

We had clouds that weren't supposed to be there at home and remnants of the smoke haze that had drifted several hundred kilometres on a South-Easterly wind from the nasty bushfires in Victoria.....I put the couple of avi's we captured down as experiments/learning experiences with the new software but I may post an image later on if it stands up - but I think that at the very least we learnt something, which is allways good..! :)

Archived