Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ2 Mount Motor Problem

Stargazer Jack

Hi,

I was out the other night and I noticed a problem with the motor on my mount. What seems to be happening is that the small gear on the motor seems to slip sometimes and it's teeth do not interlock with the main gear on the mount. At times it is ok and is fixed by pushing the motor from the bottom onto the gear but I can't keep doing this however as it makes the mount wobble. I know it is a poor mount as it is quite cheap but it would be great if I could fix. I will try and film it but sometimes it is ok while other times it just doesn't want to work correctly. Sorry for the basic description but it is late and I can't describe it that well.

Thanks in advance :)

probably best to be moved into the mount discussion section it'll get more answers in there,

but you say when pushed up it works , are all the fixing screws tight it sounds like the motor is loose and the cog is slipping under pressure..

Archived