Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is my second attempt I believe at trying to capture the station. My first go ended with a white blob with no detail due to not the best settings. After looking around more, I have managed to find some better settings although they still aren't the best. I can't remember the settings off the top of my head but will have a look tomorrow. This is just one of many other frames I have with some wavelets being used.

Any help would be fantastic and also feedback :)

post-11186-0-75122400-1361396383_thumb.j

Jack

My 2nd image wasn't half as good !

It would help if you could say what your settings were - I always take a screen shot, paste it into Paint & save it as tweaking the settings slightly is essential to improve the capture

Could you post one of the frames before the wavelets - preferably a full frame Tif if thats possible

I also wondered why the image was so blue ?

Don

Jack

I've tried reprocessing the image but don't think I've improved it.

I think its worth experimenting with a higher gamma and lower gain - that usually tends to reduce the contrast which means that the fainter parts are not overwhelmed by the brighter parts - there's a lot of variation on the ISS - the radiators are always really bright whereas the solar panels and the rest of the body are much fainter.

hth

Don

post-9066-0-64836500-1362080352_thumb.jp

Archived